Learn how you install XMReality on your Realwear devices and keep them updated with the latest version of our application.
There are two ways of installing XMReality on Realwear devices. You can either use the APK found at our website, which will be described below, or you can use Realwear's MDM system Realwear Cloud (previously Realwear Foresight) which you can read more about here.
When you have access to the device and are able to connect it to your computer, installing the APK is a fast and easy way of keeping you device updated. If you have multiple devices and they are spread out in your organization with different users or even on different sites using Realwear cloud is recommended.
Install and update XMReality using APK
To use XMReality, you need to download a specific XMReality application to your glasses i.e. APK. You can find the latest version of our APK for download here.
- To install or update applications on Realwear devices with APK you need to a Realwear software called Realwear Explorer
- Enter https://realwear.com/knowledge-center/developer/rw-explorer/
- Download and install the RealWear Explorer application on your computer. Follow the steps on the Realwear website above.
- Connect the Realwear device to your computer using the provided USB cable
- Once connected you will see the screen to the right
- Drag the downloaded XMReality APK to the designated box in Realwear
To update the XMReality application to the latest version follow the steps above and drag the new APK into Realwear explorer.
Note that the application must be manually updated.