Learn more about how you get started with XMReality on HoloLens 2.
Smart glasses are perfect in scenarios when you needs both hands to perform a task in a guiding session. HoloLens 2 also allows the user to move the screen and pin it next to the equipment to easily follow instructions. Using XMReality on HoloLens 2 can be particularly useful in training and knowledge sharing scenarios.
How does it work?
XMReality can be used in the Edge web browser on the smart glasses. This means that no application needs to be installed on the HoloLens 2. Follow the step-by-step instruction below to get started with XMReality on your HoloLens 2.
1. Login to HoloLens 2 with your Microsoft account
2. Make sure your HoloLens 2 are updated with the latest software release from Microsoft (in Settings). Please note that XMReality requires Edge release 96 or later.
3. Open Edge web browser
4. Go to https://guidestation.xmreality.com/
5. Login with XMReality account details
6. Start call by either; 1) call another XMReality user from contacts list, 2) send call link to another person using built-in SMS function, 3) have someone else call you from their XMReality application and accept incoming call.
Note: In-call features are the same as in the XMReality application on your computer. HoloLens 2 can be used with existing XMReality Enterprise accounts.
- XMReality requires Edge release 96 or later and that the release date of this version might differ between regions
- Save the XMReality Guidestation login-page as a favorite for easier access next time
- Save XMReality login username and password for easier login next time