XMReality offers a way for the users to document what is happening in a call, by taking screenshots and record video.
What is screenshot and record video?
From within an XMReality call the users have the opportunity to document aspects of the call by either taking a screenshot or record a video of it. Screenshots and recordings take a shot or recording of what is presented on the screen in the call, including pointers, drawings and other features used in the call. For recordings that also includes sound. Icons and other controls in the application or anything outside the application are not included (unless screen/window is presented in the call, of course).
How to use screenshot and record video
Screenshots and videos are only stored locally on the device of the person taking the snapshot or video. There is no limit to the length of the recording you can make in a call and you can also take as many screenshots and recordings in a call as you like.
- On computer
In the bottom left corner of the call screen, there is a red Record icon (with a clock counter at 00:00). When a video feed is shared in the call, a camera icon appears to the left of the recording icon.
- To take a screenshot you simply press the camera icon.
- When taking a screenshot a notification pops up on everyone's screens that "Person A took a screenshot"
- To record a video you simply press the record button, and the counter starts ticking
- When recording a video a red banner appears at the top of everyone's screens for the entire duration of the recording that says "Person A is recording video"
The screenshots and recordings are automatically stored to the Downloads folder locally on Person A's computer.
- On phone
- To take a screenshot you open the Tools menu and select Screenshot. A button in the form of a camera shutter symbol appears in the bottom of the screen
- To take a screenshot you press the button
- When taking a screenshot a notification pops up on everyone's screens that "Person B took a screenshot"
- When the screenshot has been taken the feature is automatically deactivated
- To record a video you open the Tools menu and select Record Video. A pop up; "Start recording or casting with XMReality?" appears.
- To start recording, press "Start now" in the pop up
- When recording a video a red banner appears at the top of everyone's else's screens for the entire duration of the recording that says "Person B is recording video".
- For Person B the red banner will say: "You are recording video. Tap here to stop"
- To stop recording, press the red banner and select OK
The screenshots and recordings are automatically stored to the Gallery locally on Person B's phone.
Who can do screenshots or video recordings?
Anyone with an XMReality account can capture the call, either by taking a screenshot or a video recording. Web users (connected to the call via shared call link) cannot make a capture but will be notified if there's a capture done from other participants.
When is screenshots and record video useful?
The feature has many applications for different use cases and serves the main purpose of documenting events in a call. It might be anything from having documented verification that something has been done correctly to just having a record of which tasks has been done in a troubleshooting call to go back to afterwards.