XMReality provides two different ways of connecting a call; call a contact with their own XMReality account, or call someone without an account via a web link. Learn more here on the different features included in web links versus app-to-app call
An XMReality app-user can connect with people either by calling a contact or via a call link. The call link user doesn't need to have an XMReality account or install an app, instead he or she will connect directly via it's web browser.
To make sure it's easy to use XMReality, even for first time and non-frequent call link users, not all features are included for call link users.
Which features are included for call link users?
- A call link user can use the Pointer, Pause and Draw
- A call link user can in addition to Pointer and Pause and draw see hands overlay, text overlay, quick messages, and shared screens or views added by an XMReality app-user.
What features are available (and not) for a call link user?
- Content bar. The call link user can see the main view shown by the guide using a desktop. The desktop user can also see non-selected views and when chosen to be shown, they will be visible for the call link user.
- Capture. Recordings or snapshots can be used in all calls, even if call link users are participating. However, the call link user cannot start a recording nor make a capture through XMReality. Of course they can still use the phones built-in screenshot functionality however.
- Group calls. The XMReality app-user can invite more people (both XMReality application users and via call link). The web user can not invite more participants in the call.
|Desktop app||Phone app||Web link user|
|Pause & Draw
|Snapshot and Recording
||Smart glasses video||Own video and smart glasses video||-|